All About Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress essential oil comes from the branches of the Mediterranean Cypress tree.
Mediterranean Cypress trees can live up to 1000 years. The botanical name for Cypress is Cupressus sempervirens. Sempervirens means live forever.
While cypress oil can come from other types of cypress trees, most of the research done on cypress oil uses the oil from the Mediterranean cypress.
Cypress wood was very popular in ancient cultures. The wood was very reliable and used for making many things. Doors, ships, and even coffins are just a few things that were made with Cypress wood.
Let’s get into where Young Living’s Cypress comes from and its many uses. But first pin this information for later.
Where Young Living’s Cypress Comes From
Young Living obtains their Cypress from Spain. It is steamed distilled from the branches of the cypress tree.
Young Living’s founder, the late Gary Young, worked with distillers in the beginning stages of Young Living to change the way Cypress was distilled to produce a finer and purer oil.
Four Benefits of Cypress Essential Oil
- Cypress is helpful when you have a cut or wound. Dilute it to your comfort, then apply topically.
- Cypress is a great for muscle tension. Apply topically after a workout to soothe your sore muscles.
- Cypress can help you relax during times of stress or fatigue. Diffuse before bed to give yourself a relaxing aroma.
- A great way to brighten up your skin is to apply Cypress topically.
Four Ways I Use Cypress Essential Oil
- I use Cypress essential oil before bed because of its relaxing aroma. I like blending it with other relaxing oils such as Peace & Calming, Lavender, Valor, and Stress Away.
- Woodsy oils are my favorite and most comforting oils. I regularly diffuse Cypress during the week for its sweet, woodsy aroma.
- Woodsy oils help me focus. Cypress is an oil I diffuse when I need to get things done.
- Cypress is one of the ingredients in the Young Living DIY Burly Lumberjack mens cologne. I use this cologne often.
Learn More About Young Living Essential Oils