All About Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil has a spicy and woodsy scent. The aroma is grounding and comforting.
This oil is known all across the world for many reasons that we will get into later.
Frankincense has a rich history in the Christian community.
Frankincense is one of the twelve essential oils in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit.
Lets get into where Young Living harvests their Frankincense, the history of Frankincense, and how to use it.
But first, pin this page for later.
Where Young Living Gets Their Frankincense
Frankincense comes from the boswellia tree. Boswellia originates in North Africa, India, Oman, Yemen, and Western Africa.
Young Living mostly obtains their Frankincense from Somalia. Although some may be obtained in Northern Africa near the Arabian Peninsula.
Young Living steam distills their Frankincense for the highest quality essential oil.
History Of Frankincense
In the Bible, the three wise men visited Jesus after his birth bearing three gifts. Gold represented kingship, Frankincense represented deity, and Myrrh represented death.
The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, and the Israelites burned Frankincense for the nice, soothing aroma. They also used it for gatherings such as religious practices and meditation.
Frankincense was hard to obtain due to how rare, popular, and useful it was. Thus the people who had Frankincense were wealthy and of royalty.
Burning Frankincense was a sign that you were wealthy and had great importance. Many rich families would show off their wealth by doing so.
Frankincense was burned at celebrations and funerals. Burning Frankincense at funerals showed honor and respect to the individual who passed.
Roman Emperor Nero once used a years harvest of Frankincense to honor one of his favorite mistresses after she had passed away.
Three Ways To Use Frankincense Essential Oil
- Diffuse during prayer and meditation to enhance your experience and spiritual feelings.
- Apply topically to promote the look of healthy looking skin.
- Add a few drops of Frankincense Vitality to support your immune system.
Three Ways I Use Frankincense Essential Oil
- When I diffuse Frankincense it helps me focus during work.
- I love to blend Frankincense with Christmas scented oils such as Christmas Spirit, Thieves, Cinnamon Bark, Pine, and Northern Lights Black Spruce just to name a few.
- I add a few drops to the bathtub for a relaxing and grounding bath.