All About Lemon Essential Oil
Everyone recognizes the taste and smell of lemons. Lemon is one of the most popular fruits in the world for many reasons. As well, lemon essential oil is very popular in the essential oil community.
Lemons are a versatile fruit that can be used for making food and drinks taste great, creating a nice citrus aroma in the home, and even cleaning surfaces.
Young Living’s lemon essential oil can be used for all three.
Young Living’s lemon essential oil has the nickname “sunshine in a bottle” due to its bright citrusy aroma.
Lemon Vitality, which can be used in preparing food and drinks, is one of the twelve essential oils that comes in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit.
Let’s learn more about where Young Living’s lemons come from and the history of lemon essential oil. But first, pin this page for later.
Where Young Living Gets Their Lemons
Young Living gets their lemons mostly from Argentina and South Africa, although some may come from parts of Asia, California, and Italy.
The oil comes from the rinds of the lemon and is cold pressed to keep the oil fine and pure.
History of Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon trees are native to China and India. They were brought to Europe way back in second century A.D.
Lemon trees were originally used strictly for decoration. No one knew about how versatile lemons were until they started using them for food and utility purposes in the 1400’s.
Now lemons are one of the most recognizable fruits on the planet and are responsible for many of the great foods, drinks, cleaning products, and therapeutic uses we all know and use to this very day.
Three Ways to Use Lemon
- Lemon Vitality is great for cooking. Use it in your recipes for a zesty lemon flavor. It also excellent for making lemonade.
- Lemon is an uplifting oil that when diffused will promote happier thoughts and feelings.
- Lemon is excellent for removing stains from surfaces. Add a drop to a towel to clean any surface.
Three Ways I Use Lemon
- I add a drop of Lemon Vitality to water whenever I want to add a nice citrus flavor.
- Whenever I need a positive mood boost, I will diffuse lemon to help achieve thoughts of happiness.
- I create my own blend of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint to help me breathe during the spring and fall months.