All About Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is a one of the most popular essential oils in the world because of its refreshing minty scent.
Peppermint is extremely popular during Christmas time and winter in general. The scent and taste of Peppermint is familiar to most people because of all the peppermint products out their, such as gum, ice cream, and candy.
Peppermint is a key ingredient to a lot of Young Living’s products and blends such as Cool Azul Pain Cream, Deep Relief, PanAway, Breathe Again, Thieves Hand Purifier, and many more.
Peppermint Vitality is one of the twelve essential oils in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit.
Lets learn more about where Young Living’s Peppermint comes from and how to use it. But first, pin this page for later.
Where Young Living’s Peppermint Comes From
Young Living grows their peppermint at several farms, the main one being the Young Living Lavender Farm and Distillery in Mona, Utah. The peppermint plant is native to Europe, but is now mainly grown in the U.S, who is responsible for 75% of the world peppermint growth.
Young Living uses over a pound of peppermint leaves and flowering tops to create one bottle of peppermint. The leaves and flowering tops are steam distilled to create the purest and powerful oil.
Four Ways To Use Peppermint
- Peppermint is great to diffuse when you need to focus. The strong and fresh aroma will help you lock in to whatever you are doing.
- Applying peppermint topically with a carrier oil after a workout can help relax your sore muscles.
- To support healthy digestion, Put a few drops of Peppermint Vitality to a veggie capsule and take internally. Applying peppermint topically with a carrier oil to your stomach can also help support healthy digestion.
- Peppermint can help you breathe better when diffused or simply smelled straight from the bottle.
Four Ways I Use Peppermint
- I love to add Peppermint Vitality to drinks. I use it the most during the winter months by adding one drop into my hot chocolate. I also use it in Young Living’s chocolate protein powder.
- Keeping with the theme of winter months, I diffuse peppermint during the holidays for a festive aroma. I diffuse it with other oils such as Christmas Spirit, Pine, and Thieves.
- Peppermint helps to comfort me when I am having digestive problems.
- I create my own blend of Peppermint, Lavender, and Lemon that I apply topically and diffuse during spring to help me breathe.